What are tokenized assets?
These are tokens, the price of which is tied to the value of basic assets: securities, raw materials, derivatives, real estate or art items.
The trade in tokenized and traditional assets brings the same financial result: if the price of BABA shares (Alibaba Group) will increase by $ 2, then the cost of tokenized shares of Baba.CX will increase to the same value.
In addition, holders of tokenized assets receive regular deductions: amendments to dividends, bond coupons and other.
How crypto -rhizas create tokenized assets?
Emitters of traditional assets create records of ownership in the registers and put up objects for bidding. When making a transaction, they change records of the owners of the asset.
The creation of tokenized assets is similar in a similar way, but emitted blockchain.
There are two ways of tokenization:
- With a purchase – Token holder can exchange it for a basic asset. Such assets are traded on the FTX platform;
- Without a purchase – the holder of token cannot exchange it for the basic asset. In this case, the cost of the asset is provided with cryptocurrency or fiat money. Such tokens are traded on the Currency crypto -story.COM and several other sites.
Investors can buy tokenized assets in the spot market and bring them to the external wallet, as well as trade with the leverage without the possibility of withdrawal.
Tokenized assets are NFT?
Not really. NFT – non -replaceable tokens with unique identifiers and tied content. The cost of two identical NFT may differ.
Tokenized assets are interchangeable and equivalent, just as shares of companies in the stock market or contracts for the supply of raw materials.
However, NFT, which indicate the right to own physical objects, can also be considered tokenized assets.
How toxenized assets are regulated?
Cryptoists receive a license to work with digital assets and conclude an agreement with a broker for the supply of quotes. If the issuing exchange buys assets for tokenization, the broker stores them, that is, plays the role of Castodian.
From the point of view of regulators, the trade in tokenized assets does not differ from the trade of cryptocurrency.
What is the difference between conventional and tokenized assets trading?
For trading on a traditional exchange, you will need an agreement with a broker, sometimes a paper. Often brokers establish fixed commissions for activation of assets, for example, 0.1% of the transaction amount, but not less than $ 50. There are hidden payments: for accounting, storage of assets or review of a limit application.
Tecenized assets trading requires registration on the crypto officer and passing the KYC procedure . Cryptocurrency platforms have transparent commissions. There are no hidden payments: users pay the percentage of the amount of the transaction and transaction commissions when withdrawing funds to an external wallet.
The assortment of assets of traditional brokers is limited. They sell shares of national companies, local share funds, fiat currencies and popular raw materials, such as gold. The reason is in legal difficulties when adding foreign assets.
Cryptoists provide users with a wide selection of tokenized assets:
- shares of popular companies in the USA, Europe and Asia; from gold to rubber;
- ETF for indices and industrial sectors;
- Exchange indices, fiat currencies and https://gagarin.news/ government bonds.
Where you can trade tokenized assets?
At the time of publication, tokenized assets are traded at six sites:
– more than 1800 assets: 1700 shares, 30 raw materials, 50 exchange indices and ETF, 16 fiat currencies in different markets in tokenized form;
- FTX – 100 trading pairs with tokenized assets;
- Bittrex – more than 50 tokenized shares in pairs with bitcoin, USDT and US dollar;
- Bitpanda – 212 tokenized shares, ETF and valuable metals;
- Mirror Protocol – 30 tokenized shares with excessive provision in cryptocurrency;
- SynthetHix – 7 tokenized fiat currencies.
What you need to find out before buying tokenized assets?
- Tocenization conditions on the platform – with or without purchase. In the first case, you can exchange tokens for assets, in the second – only trade in them.
- A method of calculating regular payments like dividends – to the accounts of holders or as amendments to assets courses.
- Trade couples – with bitcoin, USDT or tokenized fiat currencies. For example, on Currency.COM Japanese shares are traded to the tokenized yen JPY.CX, and American – to the tokenized dollar USD.CX.
- Trade sessions – round -the -clock or limited. Sites can suspend tenders in accordance with the schedule of the work exchanges.
To whom the trade in tokenized assets is suitable?
Traders who are looking for new trading tools. Cryptocurrencies often follow the Bitcoin course. At the same time, the prices of tokenized shares, indices, raw materials and other assets can rise and fall independently of each other.
Also, tokenized assets help diversify the cryptocurrency portfolio without registering on third -party platforms and concluding contracts.